ANDROID TV BOX FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- ALL QUESTIONS
- 1. Q: What Operating System (OS) does the Ematic AGT419 run?
A: The Ematic AGT419 runs Android TV OS (8.1 or newer) - a specially designed Android version for use with a TV and navigation via a TV remote control.
- 2. Q: Is the Ematic a Google Certified device ?
A: Yes! Google Certification means that the Ematic will have no issue running apps that require a Google Certified device, such as DStv Now.
- 3. Q: Is the Ematic a Netflix Supported device?
A: The Ematic AGT419 is one of the few locally available Netflix Certified devices. Therefore, Netflix supports full UHD resolution (3,840 x 2,160) with High Dynamic Range (HDR), where content supports. Please note you'll also need to be subscribed to the Netflix Premium package.
- 4. Q: Does the Ematic AGT419 support Dolby Digital through Netflix?
A: You'll be able to enjoy full Dolby Digital (5.1) on Netflix over HDMI. Please note that Netflix does not support Dolby Digital (5.1) over SPDIF.
- 5. Q: What is High Dynamic Range (HDR)?
A: HDR stands for 'High Dynamic Range' and delivers images with more colour, better contrast levels and increased brightness - offering a truly stunning visual experience. Please note that the TV and content must be compatible with HDR.
- 6. Q: What is UltraHD resolution?
A: UltraHD (also known as 4K or UHD) refers to the resolution of the TV, which is a measure of how much detail you can see on the screen. UltraHD offers four times the resolution of FullHD and offers improvement in both picture clarity, detail.
- 7. Q: How to check for future firmware updates?
A: Firmware will be pushed automatically to your Ematic when online. In the event this does not happen, you can manually check for a firmware update in settings.
- 8. Q: How to pair my Bluetooth remote from the home screen?
A: Your Ematic AGT419 will prompt you to pair your Bluetooth remote on the initial setup. However, in the occurrence that it unpairs, simply go to Settings > Add Accessory and place the remote in pairing mode by pressing OK + Volume down together. The LED on the remote, will blink to show pairing mode is active.
- 9. Q: Is there a warranty on this TV Box and what is the warranty time?
A: Your Ematic comes with a 12-month warranty against manufacturing defects.
- 10. Q: Will this Ematic AGT419 work with my TV?
A: The Ematic AGT419 will work with any TV that has an HDMI input.
- 11. Q: Does the Ematic AGT419 include Netflix, DSTV and Showmax?
A: Please note that although the Ematic AGT419 supports these, separate subscriptions to services are still required.
- 12. Q: What support is available?
- 13. Q: What is the maximum capacity of the microSD card?
A: The card slot supports up to 128GB.
- 14. Q: Does the Ematic AGT419 include an HDMI cable?
A: The Ematic AGT419 includes a High-Speed HDMI cable in the box.
- 15. Q: What connectivity options are included with the Ematic AGT419?
A: The Ematic AGT419 has both Dual Band Wifi (802.11AC), as well as 10/100 Ethernet port to connect to your existing network.